31 Jan Centro de Servicios Para Campesinos Job opportunity: Service Navigator
Job opportunity: Service Navigator
About Centro de Servicios Para Campesinos
Our mission is to provide immigration integration services to immigrants and Farmworkers to
improve their quality of life. We envision a Latinx community in Oregon that has political and
economic power, rooted in our cultural assets to improve life for all.
For over 40 years, Centro de Servicios Para Campesinos has been the service facing organization at
PCUN, Oregon’s Farmworker Union. Providing services to farmworkers, and members of PCUN, and
our 11 sister organizations.
Centro de Servicios Para Campesinos would like to bring on two full-time, temporary, Service
Navigators staff to support our organizations with fielding calls, providing customer service, provide
direct assistance, resources and with our ongoing programs for farmworkers and community
members. This position will live at Centro de Servicios Para Campesinos, and will be supervised
under Centro’s Executive Director and program supervisor. This position is a full-time temporary
position with the possibility of becoming permanent.
Other Responsibilities include working with partner organizations to create a system of resources,
have an understanding of PCUN’s membership, be able to sign up community members, and work
closely with all other Centro and PCUN staff. Must be highly organized, an effective communicator,
great listener, problem solver, self-motivated, and passionate about Centro’s mission.
Summary of responsibilities
● Utilizes computer hardware and software to process documents. Answer and screen inquiry
calls and emails from applicants.
● Assess applicant eligibility via screening process.
● Assist applicants in filling out online form(s).
● Collect all necessary data and documentation in compliance with the program.
● Translates documents from Spanish to English and vice versa.
Communicate with applicants telephonically, online (e.g. video
conferencing), or in-person with proper physical distancing to ensure the
health and safety of staff and applicants. Enroll eligible applicants through
an online portal.
● Refer ineligible applicants to other resources.
● Respect, dignity and confidentiality of all members of the community.
● Review and validate all necessary documentation.
● Meets regularly with the supervisor and attends all staff meetings as scheduled.
● Assist in co-create presentations and present to community members about
programs and services.
● Other tasks as needed.
Experience and Qualifications
● Excellent time management and organizational skills.
● Strong customer service skills
● Strong skills with g suite, such as sheets, docs, calendar, Gmail, and other g-suite tools
● Bilingual in Spanish and English required
● Bicultural, with a strong understanding of Oregon’s Latinx community.
● Demonstrated knowledge in managing sensitive organizational data and information
● Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
● Self-motivated and resourceful. Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
● Strong interpersonal skills; ability to build trust and maintain genuine relationships.
HOW TO APPLY:
● Please send a resume (1-page) detailing relevant experience, work history, education, and
● Cover letter (1-2 pg max).
● Send your documents to firstname.lastname@example.org Position is open until filled.
HOURS: Full-time, Monday-Thursday (hours will vary depending on workweek)
LOCATION: This position will be located at Centro de Servicios Para Campesinos in Woodburn, OR
with options to work remotely
REPORTS TO: Executive Director, and Program Supervisor, Centro de Servicios Para Campesinos
SALARY & BENEFITS: $20-$23 an hour DOE
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: Until filled