23 Jan Centro de Servicios Para Campesinos Job Opprtunity: Tax Consultant
Job Opportunity: Full-Time/Part-Time Licensed Tax Consultant
About Centro de Servicios Para Campesinos
Our mission is to provide immigration integration services to immigrants and Farmworkers to improve their quality of life. We envision a Latinx community in Oregon with political and economic power rooted in our cultural assets to improve life for all. For over 40 years, Centro de Servicios Para Campesinos has been the service-facing organization at PCUN, Oregon’s Farmworker Union. Providing services to farmworkers, members of PCUN, and our 11 sister organizations.
Centro de Servicios Para Campesinos would like to bring on a full or part-time licensed tax consultant
who is professional, self-motivated, experienced, and ready to join our new tax education and
preparation program to help engage our farmworking community. The preferred candidate will be
bi-lingual (English and Spanish), have experience in working with low-income communities, be culturally
aware, and have worked in the tax assistance industry for at least three years. As a Licensed Tax
Consultant, you will be responsible for explaining, preparing, and accurately completing tax-related
forms for individuals and families with incomes below $70,000, as well as creating and presenting
training materials and presentations to colleagues, community partners, and community members.
Experience and Qualifications:
● Must be a licensed Tax Consultant, a CPA, or an attorney licensed to practice in Oregon● 3 or more seasons of previous tax experience are required.
● Must have experience in helping individuals obtain ITINs
● Experience completing individual tax returns.
● Passion for providing extraordinary customer service.
● Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both oral and written.
● Commitment to building positive community relationships.
● Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
● PTIN Certification.
● Excellent time management and organizational skills.
● Strong customer service skills
● Strong skills with G Suite, such as sheets, docs, calendar, Gmail, and other G-suite tools
● Bicultural, with a strong understanding of Oregon’s Latinx community.
● Demonstrated knowledge in managing sensitive organizational data and information
● Self-motivated and resourceful. Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
● Bilingual in Spanish and English required. Strong interpersonal skills; ability to build trust and maintain genuine relationships.
Summary of responsibilities:
● Conduct face-to-face tax interviews with clients to assess their needs.
● Educate taxpayers on tax credits, withholding, small business reporting, and other personal tax matters.
● Prepare and file tax returns accurately and timely for qualified taxpayers.
● Keep taxpayer information confidential.
● Mentor student interns.
● Create training materials
● Create presentations and present them to community members, partners, and colleagues
HOW TO APPLY:
● Please send a resume (1 page) detailing relevant experience, work history, education, and
● Cover letter (1-2 pg max).
● Send your documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
HOURS: Full-time or part-time position, flexible schedule available, some evenings and weekends
required, Mondays through Thursdays 9 am-5 pm (hours may vary based on daily appointments
LOCATION: This position will be located at Centro de Servicios Para Campesinos in Woodburn, OR with
options to work remotely
REPORTS TO: Executive Director, Centro de Servicios Para Campesinos
SALARY & BENEFITS: Depending on experience and whether working full or part-time
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: Until filled