31 Jan Front Desk Staff
Job opportunity: Front Desk Staff
About Centro de Servicios Para Campesinos
Our mission is to provide immigration integration services to immigrants and Farmworkers to improve their quality of life. We envision a Latinx community in Oregon that has political and economic power, rooted in our cultural assets to improve life for all.
For over 40 years, Centro de Servicios Para Campesinos has been the service facing organization at PCUN, Oregon’s Farmworker Union. Providing services to farmworkers, and members of PCUN, and our 11 sister organizations.
Centro de Servicios Para Campesinos would like to bring on a part-time front desk/reception staff to support our organizations with fielding calls, providing customer service to walk-ins, scheduling appointments for Centro staff, implement scheduling systems for Centro’s Executive Director, have a strong understanding of Centro and PCUN structures, provide trainings for other staff, create presentations about our programs, direct community members to other resources and and have an understanding of immigration law terms. This position will live at Centro de Servicios Para Campesinos, and will be supervised under Centro’s Executive Director. This position is a part-time permanent position with the possibility of becoming full time after the pandemic.
Other Responsibilities include working with partner organizations to create a system of resources, have an understanding of PCUN’s membership, be able to sign up community members, take payments and personal information, and work closely with PCUN’s Office Coordinator to ensure building needs are met. Must be highly organized, an effective communicator, self-motivated, and passionate about PCUN’s mission.
Summary of responsibilities
- Establishing and implementing a scheduling system for Centro staff
- Receptionist work, which includes but is not limited to: Answering phones, transferring calls, welcoming people, taking messages
- Ability to become familiar with PCUN’s membership, to explain the membership and what it entails (discounts, and services), sign up community members for PCUN membership, and process payments.
- Work in collaboration with PCUN Office Coordinator to ensure building needs are met
- Lock up and open up the door (daily close out tasks)
- Be familiar with our partner organizations and the services they provide
- Provide necessary staff support at meetings
Experience and Qualifications
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong skills with g suite, such as sheets, docs, calendar, Gmail, and other g-suite tools
- Bilingual in Spanish and English required
- Have an understanding of immigration law terminology
- Bicultural, with a strong understanding of Oregon’s Latinx community.
- Demonstrated knowledge in managing sensitive organizational data and information
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Self-motivated and resourceful. Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to build trust and maintain genuine relationships.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Please send a resume (1-page) detailing relevant experience, work history, education, and accomplishments.
- Cover letter (1-2 pg max).
- Send your documents to email@example.com Position is open until filled.
HOURS: Part-time position, Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays 9am-5pm (hours may vary based on daily appointments schedule)
LOCATION: This position will be located at Centro de Servicios Para Campesinos in Woodburn, OR
REPORTS TO: Executive Director, Centro de Servicios Para Campesinos
SALARY & BENEFITS: $17 an hour DOE
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: Until filled