16 Jul Job Opportunity! We’re hiring a Data & Field Strategist
Our mission is to empower farmworkers and working Latinx families in Oregon by building
community, increasing Latinx representation in elections, and policy advocacy on both the
national and state levels. We continue to build an agenda that strengthens workers’ rights by
creating safer workplaces, advocating for fair wages, and pushing for enough economic
security to care for our families.
This role is responsible for supporting the Field Department during and off campaign cycles.
They will be working with the Field Director to conduct data voter analysis from the 2021
electoral cycle. They will spearhead data management for a collaboration between PCUN and
sister organizations to build Latinx electoral power in Oregon. Conduct voter experiments to
further understand Latinx voting patterns in Oregon and support the Field team with data
management during the 2022 elections. They will also be responsible for engaging PCUN’s
base- (farmworkers, Latinx voters, members, supporters, and volunteers). This will be done in
large part, through base-cultivation and organizing tactics. Other Responsibilities include
leading the effort in managing PCUN’s online database, EveryAction, organizing staff data
trainings, cutting turfs and lists for phone and text banking, organizing data for the various
departments at PCUN, working with partner organizations to create voter universes, assisting
the overall PCUN staff with consistent data uploading and maintenance, and cleaning our
contact lists on EveryAction. Must be highly organized, an effective communicator,
self-motivated, and passionate about PCUN’s mission.
Summary of responsibilities
● Develops and implements a data plan to elect PCUN endorsed candidates for the
2022 election cycle.
● Works with Field director to ensure field-data goals complement political and policy
● Builds and sustains a strong system and plan for organizational data management.
● Provides assistance to PCUN staff for data support, staff training and timely uploads.
● Serves as the data strategist in collaboration between sister organizations and PCUN.
● Coordination and alignment with campaign partners during 2022 elections around
campaign strategy, turf and organizing universe.
● Works from the Voter Activation Network (VAN), Every Action, Thrutalk, and Thrutext
databases to ensure up-to-date information for community organizing purposes.
● Meticulous eye on details, and manages data systems, including; nightly and weekly
reporting of data-field work during campaigns.
● Holds staff accountable to keep data hygiene on a bi-weekly basis.
● Trains new staff on data assistance 101 and creates staff user profiles for Every Action
● Works with C4 VAN data provider to create voter analysis, voter universes, and training.
● Actively participates in EA monthly training and webinars on database updates and
● Actively participates in data cohorts with our national and regional partners.
Experience and Qualifications
● Demonstrated commitment to farmworker and immigrant rights, environmental
justice, social justice, and gender justice.
● Excellent time management and organizational skills.
● Bilingual in Spanish and English.
● Bicultural, with a strong understanding of Oregon’s Latinx community.
● 2+ years of experienced leading/coordinating data for electoral campaigns.
● Demonstrated knowledge in managing sensitive organizational data and information
● Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
● Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, and willing to work a flexible schedule,
including weekends and late evenings during election season.
● Self-motivated and resourceful. Ability to work independently and as a member of a
● Strong interpersonal skills; ability to build trust and maintain genuine relationships.
HOW TO APPLY:
● Please send a resume (1-page) detailing relevant experience, work history, education,
● Cover letter (1-2 pg max).
● Send your documents to firstname.lastname@example.org Position is open until filled.
HOURS: 1.0 Full-Time salaried position some nights, weekends and some travel required. (Fast
paced timelines during campaigns)
LOCATION: Due to COVID-19, our staff will continue to work virtually through zoom and
phone, until further notice. Depending on COVID-19 restrictions, some in person will be
needed. For vaccinated staff, working from the Woodburn office is an option available to you;
PCUN is providing an optional hybrid work model as well. Mix of work from home, and office.
REPORTS TO: Field Director, works closely with the Political Department.
SALARY & BENEFITS: $40,000-45,000 Annual Salary; Depending on Experience; Healthcare,
Dental, Vision, Chiropractor, Paid Sick Days, Paid Vacation, Paid Family Leave; 401K plan
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: By August 15, 2021