05 Feb Our 2019 Legislative Agenda
Posted at 12:50h in News 0 Comments
The 2019 Oregon Legislative Session just started, and we’re looking forward to supporting several important policy campaigns. This year, PCUN’s Policy Agenda includes:
- Time to Care Oregon’s campaign to gain Paid Family Medical Leave for workers.
- Oregon Corporate Accountability Act ensuring workers rights are enforced by deputizing whistle blowers to bring forward public enforcement lawsuits.
- Oregon Voting Rights Act for a more representative democracy, holding office, and elected positions reflective of the communities they serve.
- Fairness for Opportunity for Immigrant Families we won’t stop fighting until every immigrant family is treated with dignity and respect.
- Clean Energy – a limit and price on climate pollution from the largest polluters in the state. Creates clean energy jobs and a thriving economy, and insuring meaningful investments in rural, low-income, tribal, and communities of color.
- The Fair Shot Agenda a collective legislative agenda with the support of labor, racial and gender justice organizations, fighting to end racial, gender, and economic inequality.
We look forward to your participation and support. Here are some events we’d love for you to join:
- Spanish-Member Advocacy Training, February 7, 6-8 at PCUN
- Causa Immigrant Action Day, February 9, 10-2 at Chemeketa College in Salem
- Renew Oregon Youth Lobby Day, February 11, in Salem
- Latinx Advocacy Day, February 28, in Salem, RSVP here
Please RSVP to Martha at email@example.com, if you’re interested in joining our days of action!
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.