22 Feb 2021 Beginning Legislative Priorities
This year, the 2021 legislative agenda was ratified at PCUN’s annual membership convention in December 2020.
- Just Enforcement Act (HB 2205) – This act allows workers and worker advocates to bring legal action when state officials lack enforcement capacity.
- Farmworker Overtime (HB 2358) – Expanding overtime pay to field and hand harvest farmworkers in Oregon.
- Leave No Worker Behind (LC 2319) – Boosting wages for low-wage workers by expanding the Earned Income Tax Credit to workers who file taxes without a social security number.
- OCAP Implementation – Governor Brown’s Executive Order 20-04 where state agencies are directed to take actions to reduce and regulate greenhouse gas emissions. Read more here.
- Permanent Rule-Making on Infectious Disease – ensuring farmworkers have a voice in life-saving job safety protocols during this pandemic, and for future health crises to come. Read more here.
- Childcare for Oregon (HB2503/SB239) expanding access to childcare, and employment-related daycare.
- Oregon Clean Energy Opportunity Reduce energy bills, support home upgrades that keep our environment and our families healthy.
- Oregon Worker Relief Fund Emergency COVID-19 relief for undocumented workers.
- Universal Representation (LC 2786) Community-led statewide affirmative legalization system.
All priorities on Oregon’s Fair Shot Agenda.