22 Feb We’re Hiring a Coalition Organizer!
Leave No Worker Behind Campaign
PCUN’s mission is to empower farmworkers and Latinx working families through community
building, increasing representation in elections, and systems change at the state and national levels.
Our fundamental goal is to end exploitation of workers, and all the effects that come with that.
About the Leave No Worker Behind Act (HB 2819)
All workers, no matter where they are from should make enough money to care for their families.
The Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) boosts worker economic security by helping families afford the
basics. Some jobs pay too little for workers to make ends meet and support their families. The goal
of the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) is to strengthen the economic stability of workers by raising
their take-home pay, helping their families pay for essentials.
HB 2819 allows all income-eligible workers in Oregon to claim the state’s EITC, regardless of
how they file their taxes (~$10 million per biennium as included in the Governor’s
Recommended Budget) and gives an additional financial boost—and strong equity feature of
this bill—to make up for what the federal credit denies ITIN filers ($52 million per biennium).
● Understanding of the Oregon Legislative process
● Coalition building and organizing skills
● Understanding the political landscape in Oregon
● Excellent communications, project management, and facilitation skills
● Campaign experience
80% Coalition Management
● Implement strategy.
● Consult and organize coalition partners.
● Coordinate LNWB Coalition meetings (full coalition, and committees) including drafting
agendas, facilitating to ensure that decision making and assignments are clear, and following
up on work delegated in meetings.
● Coordinate grassroots engagement with members, volunteers, and partners and provide
support for grasstops engagement.
● Develop resources for community leaders, including identifying and compiling existing
resources/training tools on coalition building, methods for community analysis/measuring
● Train community leaders on effective collaborative impact practices specifically related to
LNWB goals, using tools such as webinars, statewide calls, and website self-serve tools.
● Using advocacy tools on EveryAction, and Outvote and maintaining a database of coalition
members, validators, supporters, and volunteers through EveryAction.
● Plan and coordinate lobby days with the organizing committee (organizing directors, and
lead organizers of each coalition organization) .
● Develop a toolkit for engaging workers, organizers, and organizations supporting LNWB.
● Prepare and organize testimonies for hearings, and legislative meetings.
● Update and track progress toward quantitative and qualitative goals.
● Organize coalition shared drive, and materials.
Wage and Benefits:
● $40K-$45K (DOE)
● Health Care, Vision, Dental, Chiropractor, Paid Holidays, Paid Vacation.
● Phone, Wifi, and Mileage Stipend
Location : Mostly Remote, unless Oregon State Capitol safety procedures permit for in person
lobbying but option of working from 300 YOUNG STREET HQ, Woodburn, Oregon
Status : Full-Time Salary, Temp. One Year Position (March 1,2021-March 1, 2022) Open until filled
Reports to: Political Director
Please send resume, references, and cover letter to email@example.com .